Friends Support Friends: Meet My Big Bro

1:00 pm



courtesy of www.andrewadeniyi.com


I once stumbled across a quote that said "because I have a brother, I will always have a friend"... and sure enough, I have found this to be true. Whether he has wanted to or not, my big brother, Andrew, has put up with me since birth.  One thing that I love about him is that he is always looking for ways to share knowledge and help myself and others succeed. I have learned a lot from him and his accomplishments and continue to do so everyday. 

Andrew is an entrepreneur and a graduate student pursuing a masters in Management, Strategy & Leadership from Michigan State University. He has his bachelors degree in entrepreneurship from Kelley School of Business at Indiana University (we bleed cream and crimson over here!) and is putting it to use in various roles. He is the co-founder of HandyBrand, which is a business that aims to help people refine their passion into purpose through assisting in the development of their brand, and also has experience as a district manager of a major retail chain. Be sure to visit his personal page and connect with him to learn more about him!


Andrew Adeniyi, 26

Hometown: South Bend, IN


"My mission is to be my own business and be financially free. Also, I want to be as successful as possible to use it as a means to show others how great God is."

If I could describe my brother in 3 words or phrases, I would describe him as decisive, confident, and always on time. I don't think I was too far off because when I asked him how he describes himself, he used the words ambitious, competitive, and strategic. I would attribute a large part of my brother's success to him being able to find a career that best utilizes his inherent skills. Though he could have pursued a career in many different fields, he says that he chose to be an entrepreneur so that he could create his own path and be his own boss. 

What was the hardest part about starting? "The hardest part about actually starting was simply taking that first step to... start." 


Andrew has always been goal-oriented and is great at strategic planning. He likes to stick to the script because he knows the level of preparation that goes into each decision that he makes. In addition to being detail oriented, he has always been a natural leader. Even with that being said, he says that one key to successfully running a business is being flexible when needed.


"When you want to be your own boss, be ready to change and adjust if something is not working."

How do you want others to feel as a result of your work? "I want others to feel inspired and motivated, but most importantly, I want them to feel empowered to follow through with what they are passionate about."

If you or someone you know is thinking about starting a business, Andrew recommended doing research on your industry and your competitors to then determine how you will differentiate yourself from them. HandyBrand is a great resource to assist in the process.


Andrew's favorite quote:

“The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them”
-Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (President of Liberia)




You Might Also Like

0 comments