Support Your Friends: Meet Feyi

2:00 pm



Before I dive into this post, I just want to shoutout this girl right here. She was the one who inspired me to make a blog when I was studying abroad in 2015 and continues to push me to develop my creative brand. Feyi and I met at Indiana University at the end of our freshmen year and have been friends ever since.  She is a recent college graduate and has a bachelor's degree in journalism with a minor in international studies. Feyi is very talented and wears many hats as a blogger, vlogger, and photographer. She is the founder of the fashion, travel, and lifestyle blog Marveling-Mind and I urge you to connect with her on all platforms linked below. Meet Feyi Alufohai.




"I always want people to feel inspired and know that anything is possible. If my work does that, then I have accomplished my goal."

Feyi Alufohai, 22
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia and Lagos, Nigeria

Feyi describes herself using the words creative, caring, and dedicated. When it comes to her blogMarveling Mindher mission is to tell stories about her personal experiences and travels. Looking forward, she wants Marveling Mind to be a space for people from all walks of life to share their ideas and experiences, and build a community with love and understanding.

"I want people to leave my blog and YouTube channel feeling like they have hung out with a friend. My goal is to make sure people that view my content can find an escape, then go out into the real world and do what they have always wanted to do regardless of how hard it might be."


How did you get started? "I have always been into photography, writing, and documenting moments and it was my mum that encouraged me to start a blog to share what I have with the public. I was very nervous at first, but once I realized that it was exactly what I had already been doing, it made starting to blog easier. My pictures, videos, and writings finally had a place online to live."

Feyi says that the hardest part about starting was the fear of being judged or mocked. She was just 12 or 13 years old when she started and she kept her blog a secret from everyone except her family and strangers.

"I don’t know the exact moment I stopped caring what people thought..... Once I stopped caring and began doing what I love, blogging became a second nature to me. "



What advice do you have for people that want to be content creators? "Just do it! As cliché as that sounds, listen to the Nike slogan and just do it. One thing I realized about life is that you have to be your own biggest fan. You have to believe in yourself more than others do because in moments of doubt, it’s going to be only you that can fully understand your feelings and keep yourself up. If you want to do something that brings you joy and doesn't hurt anyone in the process, JUST. DO. IT."


Feyi's favorite quote:

“Believe you can and you're halfway there.” - Theodore Roosevelt







You Might Also Like

0 comments