Friends Support Friends: Meet Damisi

2:00 pm





I'd like to introduce to you all my dear friend Damisi. She is one of the most vibrant, understanding, and hardworking people that I know. Damisi graduated with her bachelors degree in journalism from the University of Georgia in Athens and is currently working as a College Adviser in Atlanta, Georgia. She is also a YouTuber and her channel, Unconditionally Damisi,’  has been in existence for over 2 years. She recently rebranded, so don't be alarmed -- you may remember her channel as 'LovingforLife'. I definitely recommend that you check her out and subscribe! 

Damisi Fawole,  23 (Her birthday was this past Sunday!)

Hometown: Lanham, Maryland

If you could use 3 adjectives to describe you what would they be? Unconventional, objective, and positive...


"I want to ultimately motivate people to be themselves unapologetically, and walk in confidence in who the Lord has made them to be. I want to celebrate life and encourage others as they go through it. I want spread joy, love, and laughter through my videos."



What made you get started? I love watching ordinary people share their lives through YouTube, and I always saw myself as one of those people. I knew it was a medium that could reach a wide audience and I had ideas that I thought were worth sharing, so that’s what I did.

How do you want people to feel as a result your channel? "I want my viewers to feel encouraged, empowered and full of life and love as a result of my videos."

What was been the hardest part about starting a YouTube channel? The hardest part about STARTING was overcoming the feelings of inadequacy and mediocrity. I am a slight perfectionist and I’m definitely an overachiever. So if I’m going to do something, especially something that many people would see, I wanted it to be perfect. Overcoming self-consciousness was hard. Now the hardest thing about doing it in general, is consistency.

What would you tell someone who is thinking about doing what you are doing?  Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t go exactly as you planned. Whether it’s how consistent you wanted to be, or the content which you wanted to share—you are constantly changing, so it’s natural that your ideas will change as well. 

"Don’t be discouraged, just roll with it. And as far as consistency goes, just wait for inspiration, and when it comes, don’t let it pass you by without doing something with it."

Damisi's two favorite quotes:

1.     "Dare to be different."

2.     "Being yourself gives others permission to be themselves."



You Might Also Like

0 comments