Friends Support Friends: Meet Sydney

12:00 pm


Happy Black History Month! Welcome back to the Friends Support Friends Series. I have enjoyed showcasing talented people that I have know and we are going to keep the ball rolling in 2019.

Sydney and I go back to when we started our freshmen year at Indiana University. We were both former ballers in high school and became training partners for the multi events on the track team (for a short but fun period of time). Sydney has turned out to be a friend from college that I know I will keep in contact with for life. She is tenacious and hard-working and I pity anyone who stands in the way of her achieving what she has set out to do. Syd is a Marketing Agent at Defining Sports Marketing Agency and every one of her athletes is blessed to be represented by her. Meet my friend Sydney...

Sydney Anderson, 24
Hometown: Dublin, VA

Describe yourself in 3 words: Dedicated, Passionate, Ambitious


What is your mission? My mission is to help others. I strive to connect people with brands and provide opportunities outside of sports. I help build brands and create legacies off the playing field so that athletes have opportunities and other sources of income after they are done playing.


How did you get started? I have wanted to be an agent since the 6th grade and that dream finally came true my first year out of college. I connected with DJ Fisher at Defining Sports Marketing Agency via social media. I was still in college at that time, and he originally told me I wasn’t ready. I kept in contact with DJ, and the summer after college graduation, he gave me an opportunity to learn from him and eventually represent my own clients.

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be? Don’t let NO be the determining factor. Do not let a door shut in your face discourage you or make you want to give up. Keep going.


How do you want people to feel as a result of your work? Through my work and willingness to help those around me, I want people to feel like they can depend on me.


"I want to leave those I come in contact with better than when I found them. I also want anyone I meet or work with to feel as though I put 100% into helping make them a better person."

Sydney's favorite quote: That’s a tough one. I have heard a lot of great things over the years. One of my favorites happens to be by Mark Cuban:

“One thing we can all control is effort. Put in the time to become an expert in whatever you’re doing. It will give you an advantage because most people don’t do this.”


________________
Be sure to connect with Sydney on social media:

Instagram (@iamsydthekid)
Twitter (@Sydneyinsports)
Facebook (Sydney Anderson)

You Might Also Like

0 comments