How To: Digital Vision Board

12:00 pm




Greetings and Happy New Year! For those of us who love to use our creativity to assist us with our goals, but hate the messy process of looking through magazines and cutting and pasting -- I have a solution for you. Last year I decided to skip the mess and make a digital vision board. What is a digital vision board, you may ask? It is an electronic copy of your goals, aspirations, and desires that  you can make at any time. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Everyone can do what feels right for them to help plan and achieve goals that they set for themselves.

For example, last year I wrote out 2-3 word phrases with graphics that would remind me of where I wanted to be and what I wanted to accomplish during 2018. However, this year I took more of a visual route and made my vision board picture based. Each picture I added means something to me and evokes an emotion that will help me continue to work hard and strive to reach my goals. This differs from last year because I had intentionally written my goals on the board so I could check off items on my "lists" as I accomplished them.

Because so many people have asked me how I did this electronically, I have made a 5 step guide on how to make a vision board on your laptop or even your phone:

1. Choose a platform to create your vision board.

I used Canva to create my board. It is a free online platform where you can create basically anything that you may need for visuals. I liked that you can use either your phone of laptop to create content. A couple of other apps that you can use are Photoshop, PowerPoint, or Adobe Spark. Whichever one you choose, familiarize yourself with how to add text, import graphics, and change color and fonts by playing around with them or looking up how to do certain things on Google.




2. Set the mood.

This is something that you are doing for fun. Of course you are setting goals that should be taken  seriously, but don't stress about it. I like to put music on, grab a snack, and maybe even take time to meditate on what I envision for myself in the future before starting to add things to my document. I may even go through my pictures from last year to see what I was able to accomplish since the last time I made a vision board.

3. Don't be afraid to first write out your goals/ visions/ aspirations.

Even if you are more of a visual thinker, it is a great tool to actually write out what you want to accomplish in your new season of life. Once they are written down, it is a lot easier to begin formatting. Not everyone is visual and I know people that put everything they want to do in very detailed words with timelines instead of using visuals. If that works for you, then definitely put your goals on your vision board!

4. Start!

One you know the things that you want to be on your vision board, start Googling pictures, searching through your personal archives, or even typing words or phrases directly. The creative process has no formula on how you have to begin. I began by using an image I had from a professional headshot photoshoot in order to depict the emotion I want to truly embody this year -- joy. Within this I added a Bible verse that I can use to keep me strong in times when I will feel hopeless or discouraged:

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised in faithful."
-Hebrews 10:23

5. Keep it somewhere that is easily accessible.

Once you are complete, save or download your vision board. You can print it out to hang in you office or room, use it as your phone or laptop wallpaper, or just keep it on file for when you need a little motivation.

These are the steps I use to create my vision board. Everyone is different, but I hope this guide can help you figure out what can work for you. If you take nothing away from this, just know that there is power in writing and visualizing your goals!




XOXO,

Michelle


P.S.  Are you or someone you know a coffee lover??? I have great news! Use my personal code: "adetinuke" to save 50% off of your first order of coffee when you subscribe at Trade Coffee. They make suggestions for blends and brands that are perfect for you!



You Might Also Like

0 comments