Friends Support Friends: Meet Tobi

11:00 am


Before I met Tobi, I had tried one of his scotch eggs at a church event and was amazed with how great it was. I asked "who made this?" and soon learned that he was the mastermind behind it. For those of you that have never had a scotch egg, Tobi has provided a picture below so you get the idea. Tobi is a Hospitality Manager and Food Blogger at All I do is Cook <-- (go ahead and click the link). I've been following his work for a few years now, which mostly includes salivating over his food pictures on his blog and social media since he is based in Houston, but everything he cooks looks aesthetically pleasing and I have no doubt that each dish is delicious. Meet Tobi Smith...

Tobi Smith, 24
Hometown: Lagos, Nigeria
Describe yourself in 3 words: Persevering, Adventurous, Inventive

"My mission is to expose Nigerian/American food to the rest of the world. To enjoy, see and share Nigerian food in different ways."


What made you get started? A lot of friends kept asking me for recipes for things I posted on social media and I got tired of writing and retyping over and over. So I think to myself, why not write them online so I can just send people a link and BOOM! It became a food blog.

What was the hardest part about starting? Starting itself. And being consistent. I started when I was doing my masters degree and work, school and everything in between always wore me out. So it got hard to blog and do things so I just did it not as a chore but as a hobby. And I'm glad people appreciated it.


 "I want people to feel motivated to do creative things with food and to know that there's all dishes that can be simplified and made by anyone also."



What would you tell someone who is thinking about doing what you are doing? It's been said before, but just like the Nike slogan. Just do it. Sincerely there can't be too many food, fashion, or lifestyle blogs. Yours might just catch the attention of a group of people. Even if nobody visits, just keep at it.

Favorite Quote: "We Go Dey Okay" (Everything is going to be alright.) I love this because it applies in every situation. It's just hoping for the best always.


You Might Also Like

0 comments