Graduation Season, What's up next?

1:12 pm

Marveling-Mind Photography

It has been a whirlwind of graduations, parties, and the exchange of "congratulations" with my fellow class of 2017 graduates. I want to say thank you for the on pour of well wishes that I have received within the last week! With most ceremonies over, it feels good to finally sit down, relax, reflect, and plan my next adventure. I am the type of person who is constantly busy and thinking of what needs to be done, but I am finding the joy of being present in the moment.




I find it a little interesting that when you graduate, the first statement someone makes after congratulating you, is the follow up question "what is up next?" Now, this is a genuine question, but sometimes it takes away from the joy of the moment. We realize that we actually have to do something with ourselves and even if you have a job lined up, or a pretty solid plan post graduation, sharing your next steps is sometimes a scary thing to do. I may be alone, but my heart usually drops a little when I realize my title as a student at my university is long gone. I feel like life is moving fast, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but some of my friends and I have already discussed how we'll blink and wake up with a husband and kids. (I'm sure this won't be any time soon though lol)

If you are wondering what is up next for me, I am happy to announce that I will be starting my Master of Science in Global Health at The University of Notre Dame this fall! I'm excited, a little frightened, and not sure what to expect, but I know that the same God that brought me through undergrad will carry me through my future endeavors. For now, I just want to celebrate all summer '17 (inserts smily emoji with the black sunglasses here).

Isn't it pretty? Photo from Google Images

Until next time...

Xoxo Michelle

You Might Also Like

0 comments