Friends Support Friends: Meet Tolu

12:56 pm





Tolu is probably one of the funniest people that I know. While he is usually the life of any party, I think that his standout quality is his ability to bring people together. Tolu is an Aspiring Physical Therapist, Personal Trainer at Juice Athletics, Gym Rat, as well as a Musician at Juice Entertainment. His stage name is Lu and you can check out his music on SoundCloud as well as follow him on Twitter @iTOLd_U and Instagram @_juiceathletics.



Tolu (AKA Lu/Juice) Apata, 24

Hometown: Homewood, IL

What three words would you use to describe yourself? Fun, Energetic, and Jiggy

How did you get started with becoming an artist?  
One day I was with my friends and they put on some Biggie instrumentals and I literally spit 15 mins of straight fire. My roommate at the time would hear me singing and rapping 'till one day he said that he would sponsor my studio time to make my first song. It made me realize that someone else was willing to spend their money on my talent and that maybe I actually was good.

What was been the hardest part about starting?
The hardest part about starting for me was me not caring what people thought when they saw
me dropping music links. I'm sure to some people I was just another guy that was making music,

but the feedback and love my first song got took all of those thoughts out of my mind.




How do you want people to be impacted when they listen to your music? I want people to have new music to listen to that isn't mumble rap. A lot of new artists have the same obnoxious sounds in their music but I'm trying to stay as far away from all of that.


"My mission is just to spread good music..."

Lu's favorite quote: "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."








You Might Also Like

0 comments