Last Summer of Undergrad

7:47 pm

Crochet Bralette and Choker by ---> Zero Shop <--- 🔥

I cannot believe that in a couple of days I'll be starting my last year of undergrad. This summer brought a lot of changes, lessons, and growth and I really wanted to share them. I love making lists so here is a short one of what I learned summer 2016.


  • You are in charge of your own happiness: I found myself in a situation where I had to make one of the hardest decisions of my life, comfort vs. happiness. I won't elaborate on what the decision was, but if you've ever had to choose between the two, you'll understand. Just know that the only one holding you back from doing what will make you happy -- is you.
  • "Nothing will work unless YOU do": Maya Angelou said it best. If you have goals, dreams, and aspirations, there is no reason for you not to put in work to make sure that they happen. I spent 16 out of the 18 weeks of summer sitting in a classroom learning Physics I & II at a very accelerated pace. It was the least appealing place to be but by God's grace I put the work in and was able to finish with a 4.0.
  • PRAYER IS THE KEY: I can't stress this enough. I am a witness to the fact that God answers prayers! If you want details on why I say this, feel free to comment/message me and I will let you know how God has been working in my life. Try Him out, you have nothing to lose. He's able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask or imagine. (Eph 3:20)
  • Take advantage of opportunities to get to know new people and have new experiences: This year I am one of the bloggers for the Midwest African Student Organization Conference that will be held Labor Day weekend at Northern Kentucky University. Through involvement with this conference, I have and will meet so many people from around the Midwest. Events like this one remind me that being at a university gives me a platform to network and take opportunities that most people do not get. I will be there and competing in a pageant with 4 other beautiful ladies! Make sure if you're interested you check it out. (flyer below)
  • Lastly, surround yourself with real friends: You need people around you who are going to build you up and support you. Do you think your friends are praying for you to succeed and rooting for the best for you? I have always had this misconception that everyone is my friend, but through many experiences I have learned otherwise. Always be genuine, always be kind, but know not everyone is in your corner.

    click here for more information

    XOXO Michelle


    You Might Also Like

    0 comments